Saturday, September 3, 2016

1602: Witch Hunter Angela #2

1602: Witch Hunter Angela
#2 (September 2015)
Marvel


Written by Marguerite Bennett
Art by Stephanie Hans
Cover A (standard)

I've got mixed emotions about this one. On the one hand, I'm screaming to myself, "What is this confusing nonsense?" I don't have the first issue so I'm not really sure what's going on in this issue. There's a medieval version of the Guardians of the Galaxy (portrayed faithfully) but they stumble upon medieval Venom's wedding. Like I said: confusing nonsense.

Then again, the art in this issue is really cool. I've never heard of Stephanie Hans before but I'll be checking out more of her work. Ultimately, I don't feel burned by taking a chance on the latest 1602 spin-off. Of course, I found this copy in the quarter bin. I'd be upset if I had paid the $3.99 cover price for this thing. Worth checking out only if you can find it on the cheap.


No comments:

Post a Comment